“Owning a handgun doesn’t make you armed anymore than owning a guitar makes you a musician.” – Jeff Cooper
This is not your ordinary Concealed Carry Weapons Course. Learn the realities of armed self defense from a professional full time instructor.
Our four (4) hour Florida CCW Certification Course will provide the instruction and certification documents you’ll need to apply for your Florida Concealed Carry Weapons license and safely carry concealed weapons.
Regarding CCW Instructors and what Florida requires, here are some things you should know:
The state does not mandate a specific time for the course. Often you’ll see courses advertized that run as short as 1 hour of instruction. Yes, you read that correctly. Just one hour to learn about and practice skills that ensure you won’t hurt yourself or a loved one with your CCW under the stress of lethal force self defense!You will receive four times the instruction with us.
With regard to firing hand guns: They only require that the certified instructor witness the student fire the handgun one time. Some instructors will have students fire once into “ballistic barrels”.
They do not require any training or even familiarization with other Concealed Carry Weapons. Very few trainers even mention these very effective options in a CCW class.
Just a short list of things we cover in our Concealed Carry Weapons course:
- The philosophy and responsibility of personal security.
- The psychology of personal self defense.
- Mastering the art of Avoidance, Deterrence and De-escalation.
- Using “Honest Signaling” to communicate effectively with “Unknown Contacts”
- Self Defense: The privilege and the laws that govern it.And that’s just the first hour and a half!Then we move on to familiarization and instruction in the appropriate use of other Concealed Carry Weapons as allowed by the state. Student participation and live role play is a big part of our classes.
We close the class with range time that includes instruction in proper operations of handguns in a 360 degree environment. Safe storage, maintenance, and effective grip and stance are covered in detail. And also, rest assured… you will not fire just a single round of ammunition into a barrel. Seating is limited and pre-registration is required